Muasabah diri

Self Appraisal 

Looking back

Most people would like to be rememberred for their achievements and greatness and expecting others to forget and forgive their past imperfect and failures. On personal level we should not dismiss our shortcomings and failures, use them as your guide and motivation for your future. I sometime wish I could turn back the wheel of events in life and correct all those mistakes but we all know that is impossible.

I must admit that I had a fantastic childhood even though I was born to a poor rubber tapper whose grand parents were migrants from a neighbouring country aiming for a better life. I was glad that I was able to to trace back my roots and I will relate this later on. Back to my childhood, I can tell you only those facts which I can remember.

I usually reflect my childhood days with two of my elder bothers, Mahfuz who is currently more than 75 years of age but still active and healthy. Unfortunately my other brother Bakar just recently passed away on 10.10 2010 of long standing diabetic complication. May Allah bless his soul and place him in Jannah.

I never saw my mother as she passed away when I was just about 2 years old. . I was barely two years old when my own mother died and I was told she died because of complications of early pregnancy bleeding. She might have prolonged bleeding leading to severe anemia or she might have infections in her womb leading to her unfortunate death. That might be the reason Allah SWT has guided me to be an obstetrician. (to be continued)

Tugas doktor berat

Ya Allah ringankan bebanku, mudahkan urusanku dan selamatkan pesakit2ku . Kepada Mu aku berserah dan bertawakkal.

Tanggung jawab saya sebagai doktor 



Memang berat tanggung jawab seorang doktor perubatan . Itulah beban yang saya pikul sekarang. Semankin lama saya berpengalaman , kadang2 saya berasa khuatir akan keselamatan pesakit2. Memang benar segala2nya terserah kepada Allah SWT , kita setakat berusaha sahaja. Bila saya merawat ibu hamil dan sambut kelahiran bayi , sebenarnya pada tangan saya terletak beban dua nyawa - ibu dan anak.

For Posterity 

I served the PM as DG of LPPKN 1985 - 89

Guess who is on the extreme left?. None other than the former and the most resourceful malaysian Prime Minister.I am proud to have served under him when I was the Director General of the National Population and Family Development Board from 1985 - 1989. At that time he initiated a program of 70 million population for malaysia to be achieved in the year 2020. Can we achieved this target? Yes we can. What was important in that program was the quality of the people , something he always stressed.We initiated family develoment program whereby parenting, child development and family counselling were the main thrusts.

Looking back I am sure Tun Mahathir is happy to see the results now. Malaysia is one of the top developing nations in the world

My Welfare work and Contributions 

A muslim village in Cambodia is submerged 3 months every year


Without fail the entire village is submerged in water from overflowing mekong river. Transportation from house to house and to masjid by boat.

Though our NGO, Perkim , Malaysia, I participated in their welfare program in helping the poor and under previledged muslim minority population in Cambodia.

Perkim help build mosque, schools and other welfare projects 

The Mufti of cambodia, me and Hanif (Perkim official) in one of functions to officiate successful projects. Any body interested in funding projects can contact Hj Hanif in Perkim HQ.or his hp 012 308 8224   

Perkim help build and upgrade schools

Perkim help build and upgrade mosques

Perkim orgazies qurban every year

Perkim upgraded Dubai school in Phen

Jasa Ibu dan Bapa tidak ada tolok banding.

Semoga Allah ampuni dosa2 mereka, rahmatilah roh2 mereka dan dan tempatkan mereka dalam kebun2 syorga al Jannah..

Jasa Bapa dan Ibu Sentiasa dikenang 

dan ibu



Apabila mencapai ke umor 65 tahun, saya baru sedar , bukan dulu tak sedar, tetapi sekarang lebih sedar dan insaf tentang betapa gigihnya pengorbanan ayah dan ibu mendidek, membimbing, memberi makan ,menjaga kesihatan semasa saya sedang dalam peroses pembesaran.

Saya masih ingat lagi ketika saya masih kecil lagi ketika itu belum masuk sekolah lagi, bapa dan emak bangun pukul 3 pagi untuk pergi 'ngobor' ( ini cakap jawa) atau menoreh getah guna lampu suluh minyak gas.diikat dikepala . Awal pagi pengeluaran getah dari pokok lancar dan banyak hasilnya banding kalau menoreh siang hari. Bayangkan pengorbanan mereka untuk mencari rezeki halal untuk memberi anak2 makan. Siapa yang sanggup berbuat demikian pada zaman sekarang?

Saya masih ingat lagi tentang makan, bapa saya tentukan kita ada lauk yang terdiri ikan2 yg fresh yang baru naik dari laut. Dia akan mengayuh basikal dari parit pinang seribu, (kampung saya ) pergi kepasar parit jawa, muar, yg jauhnya dalam 4-5 km. Kalau tak sempat pergi dia akan beli ikan yg terbaik dari penjual ikan yg datang kestiap rumah dikampung saya. Penjual yg sering datang, seorang jawa kampung kita namanya Basar, dan ada seorang penjual cina, kita panggil cina Yam( dengar dia dah meninggal) . Dulu mana ada peti sejuk , bekalan letrik pun tak ada, malam kita guna lampu gas yg terang supaya mudah kita belajar mengaji Quran. Abang saya Mahfuz akan mengajar saya dan rakan sekampung baca Quran. Lepas itu kita kena bergilir kena pijak belakang dia , itulah cara urut zaman dulu.

Dikampung saya pada tahun2 lima dan enam puluhan, arwah bapak saya adalah diantara orang2 yg mampu beli motosikal. Zaman dulu tak ada motsikal honda dan lain2 jenama saperti sekarang, Kalau tak salah saya jenama motosikal bapak saya ialah BSA, besar juga saiznya. Kita betul2 excited bila bapak bawa balik kerumah motor tersebut, maklumlah dulu semua orang hanya basikal saja. Tapai bapak saya berkat rajin dan kerja kuat menoreh getah, rezekinya makin bertambah, dia mampu membeli beberapa ekar kebun getah. Bila harga getah naik, ketika itulah dia mampu motosikal.

Saya bersekolah rendah dikampung parit pinang seribu, muar. Sekalah kampung beratapkan daun rembia dan kelapa dan berdinding papan. Tanah tapak sekolah dipinjamkan olih ketua kampung, arwah Pak Munip. Saya masih ingat dibelakang sekolah ada kebun sayur yg diusahan olih murid2 sekolah itu sebagai latihan amali pelajaran sains.

Berbalik kepada motosikal bapak saya, bila saya tengok motor itu memang sungguh kagum dan tak sabar2 nak naik menunggang dibelakang bapak saya. Dulu tidak perlu lesen memandu walaupun motosikal itu besar dan kuat power. Itulah hal kisah motosikal bapak saya, motor besar , hebat powernya tapi tak ada lesen.

Sampai saja dirumah dari sekolah saya minta bapak pergi bawa saya round dikampung yg pada ketika lorong jalannya sempit, hanya muat basikal saja dan tapaknya dibina dari batu dan tanah merah , yg sering becak bila turun hujan. Wow seronok naik motosikal , oo,, melaram lah kita, action. Bila nak pusing balik bapak saya masuk kehalaman rumah pak cik Ahmad biji, dia pun sedia nak mula tekan gear dan lepaskan clutch dan memutar accelerator disebelah tangan kanannya. Tapi macam mana halnya, munkin belum bolih coordinate betul2. Dia pusingkan accelerator terlalu kuat dan lepaskan klatch terlalu cepat, Motosikal itu take off saperti nak berlomba. Kebetulan sabelah jalan itu parit yang berisi air yg mengalir, mujur tak penuh hanya separuh. Lepas pecutan motor tadi, bila saya sedar kita berdua terpacak dengan motosikal baru bapak didalam parit. habis rosak motor baru bapak saya, kena hantar balik kekedai untuk dibaik pulih.

RAMADAN AL MUBARAK 

my mothe and IEvery year we look forward to the month of ramadan, a month full of Allah blessings but unfortunately not all muslims are taking full advantage of this golden opportunity.

I am 65 years and from now on each day, each month and each year Allah extend my life span I regard it as a bonus. I reach a point in life where I should be evaluating my past imperfect and set limit and build furher on my previous achievements and good deeds. Life is a cycle and everyone has to go and meet our almighty Creator Allah SWT at one point but we do not know that particular time. If only we know then we can make good preparations so that the next world is even better than this world.

Ramadan this year,like previous years before has been good , we are half way thru, and lailatul qadar is just round the corner. We should take full advantage of that blessed nite.

For our family there is one particular thing that means a lot to me. My youngest daughter was married last year eidilfitri to an australian muslim convert who had no experience in ramadan fasting as yet. So my wife and I spent few days in Perth in the beginning of ramadan to give moral support to our son in law. To our suprise he he fasted full 3 days we were with them. Thanks Allah for your help and blessing. Tony also prayed taraweh with us. we also pray that my daughter be blessed with a child soon.

I am trying to improve my quran reading and understand its contents and wisdom. This is a life long commitment. On the same front, we are trying also to go for haj pilgrimage this year , Insyaallah. Haj pilgrimage has its unique value, Allah SWT promises complete forgiveness to whoever present in Arafat for wukuf at an appointed time. No amount of money can be equated to this immeasurable reward from Allah When we were younger and stronger we went for umrah almost every ramadan. But age is catching up, we are not as agile as before But strong will insaallah will overpower the physical weakness

May this ramdan bring to more blessings and rahmah from Allah SWT to our family and to all my friends

I delivered my fifth grand child

An Exalted Grandpa

  One month

i should say not many people are enjoying the special previlage of delivering their own offsprings. Some might say it is not ethical to deliver your own wife or your daughers (plus in laws). I have 5 children of my own and the first 2 delivered at the time when I was doing my residency in obgyn and the other three when I have already qualified as an obstetrician. For the first 4 children I just stood by my wife while my obstetrician colleague delivered them.

Came the last /5th child, I seized the opportunity to deliver my child by myself and requested my obgyn colleague to stand by. Thank goodness everything went fine and my youngest daughter was delivered with my own hands. I felt the sense of elation and great satisfaction on this achievement. Soon I hope my youngest daughter will be going thru the same experience as her mother as soon as she is expecting her baby in the near future. Fortunately my wife had short labor for all her 5 children and she did not take any painkiller.

My eldest son , now 39 yrs got married about 10 yrs ago, and when his wife was expecting their first child, ie my first grand child, they too turned to me to look after her pregnancy and undertake the delivery of their baby, a task which I accomplished with feeling of great satisfaction and jubilation.
Subsequently my second daughter also delivered her chlid under my care. It is not common for your own daughters and in laws to request their obstetrician father to take care of their pregnancies and deliveries. To me it is indeed a special previlege to have the confidence of my own children to perform medical procedures on them.

Recently on 4th July 2010 (US Independence Day), I had my fifth grandchild, a boy weighing 6lb 4oz.. Very cute boy of mixed blood, american plus malaysian. My daughter, fourth in the family of five, married an american husband and interesting enough they met in internet. They barely knew each other for a few months, he asked her hands for marriage. My wife and I were stunned as we had never met this american man before apart from occasionally seeing his image in the internet chat. He officially asked permission from us via email and produced all the neccessary documents to prove that he was eligible. We were worried and very anxious since this american man was married before and divorced with two sons, 5 and 3 years old. However since my daughter has agreed, with open mind we consented and knowing the possible risks involved.
We are malaysian, practising moslems and also bound by our malay culture and tradition. There are protocols to be followed in all malay marriages, but we brushed aside all these to accomodate the marriage, a clash of west and eastern cultures. So far the marriage has been blessed with happiness and two children. The first child was agirl born on 26 th December 2006 in Connecticut USA. For their second child , my son in law and my daughter chose to give birth in malaysia. I undertook the delivery myself and by grace of Allah all went well and happy ending. Like my wife , my daughter's labour was short and she too did not take any pain killer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biodata / CV/ Curriculum Vitae

Pesanan kepada anak2 dan cucu2.

Masa depan doktor2 lebih mencabar