NAME: Dr.Hamid Arshat
DATE OF BIRTH: 4thJanuary, 1945
MARITAL STATUS: Married with five children and 12 grandchildren
HOME ADDRESS: No. 21.Jalan Setiakasih Empat,
OFFICE ADDRESS: Klinik Dr. Hamid Arshat,
75M..Medan Setia Satu,
50490 Kuala Lumpur
QUALIFICATIONS: MBBS(Malaya) 1970
MRCOG (London) 1976
FRCOG (London) 1987
Postgraduate Training, Experience and Course Attended
1. April 1970 Graduated with MBBS from University of Malaya.
2. April – Sept. 1970 House Officer in Medicine at Melaka General Hospital.
3. Sept – March 1971 House Officer in Surgery at Melaka General Hospital.
4. April 1971 – Sept 1972 Medical Officer in Obstetrics & Gynaecology,
Anaesthesia & Casuality, District Hospital, Muar, Johor
5.October 1972 Trainee lecturer in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, UKM.
Passed MRCOG Part I Examination conducted
6.Oct1972 – June 1973 Medical Officer in Dept. of Obstetrics Gynaecology,
University Hospital, Petaling Jaya.
7. July 1973 – Jan. 1974 Medical Officer in the Dept. of Urology and
Nephrology, General Hospital, Kuala Lumpur.
8. Feb. 1974 – Jan. 1976 Registrar in the Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynaecology,
University of Southampton, England.
9. December 1975 Attended two weeks post graduated courses in
Obstetrics & Gynaecology organised by the
Institute of Obstetrics, Queen Charlotte Hospital,
London, United Kingdom.
10. January 1976 Passed final MRCOG Examination conducted
in London, United Kingdom.
11. February 1976 Returned to Malaysia and resumed duties as a lecturer
in the Dept. of Obstetric & Gynaecology, UKM
12. November 1978 Seconded to the National Family Planning Board Malaysia as the Director of Specialist&Reproductive Research Centre.
13. January 1st 1979 Promoted to Associated Professor in the Dept. of
Obstetrics & Gynaecology. UKM
14. May 1st 1983 Promoted to Professor in the Dept. of Obstetrics &
15. Feb 1985 – Feb 1989 Director-General of The National Population and
Family Development Board, Malaysia.
16. Feb 1989 until now Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Pantai
Medical Centre and Klinik Dr. Hamid Arshat, Plaza
Damansara, Bukit Damansara.
17. Jan 2010 until now Chairman and Board member of Islamic Haealth
Other Positions and Appointments
!983 – 1984 President of Obstetrics and Gynecology Society of Malaysia.
Special Courses and Fellowship Attended
1. Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology for three months under the Colombo Plan Scholarship from October 1978 – December 1978. Posted under Professor Rodney Shearman, Dept. of Obstetric & Gynaecology, University of Sydney. Also visited Dept. of Obstetric & Gynaecology in
Monash University, Melbourne, University of Adelaide and Canberra, Australia.
2. Study Tour to well known Departments of Obstetric & Gynaecology, Reproductive Research Institutes and Family Planning Centres – one month in
December 1978. Places visited included:
a) University College Hospital - Professor Fairweather
London, United Kingdom.
b) Kings College Hospital - Professor Stuart Campbell
c) St. Bartholomiew Hospital - Dr. Marcus Satchell
Professor M. Besser
d) Medical Research Council, Reproductive Research Division,
Edinburgh Scotland – Professors Roger Short and Prof. David
Baird. Also visited Breast Cancer Screening Clinic in Edinburgh.
e) Queen Anne Hospital for Women – Dept. of Obst. & Gynaecology,
Southampton – Professor John Dennis.
f) Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynaecology and JHPIEGO – Johns Hopkins
University, Baltimore, Maryland – Professor Ted King and
A. Professor Ronald Burkman.
g) Women’s Hospital, University of Southern California, Los Angeles,
USA – Professor Don Mishell.
h) Karolinska Institute – Reproducive Research Unit, Stokholm, Sweden
- Professor E. Dizefalusy.
i) International Fertility Research Program, USA – Dr. Elton Kessel.
j) Population Council, New York USA – Dr. Nash.
k) Japanese Organization for International Cooperation in Family
Planning (JOICEP) – Tokyo Japan – Mr. Kunmi.
3. Advanced two week course in “Microsurgery of the Fallopian Tubes” in
April 1980 at Johns Hopkins Hospital, Maryland USA under Dr. John Rock.
4. Advanced one week course in “Human Sexual Dysfunction” in October 1981
at Masters and Johns Institute, St. Louis, Missouri, USA under Professor
Masters & Johnson.
5. Fellowship in Cervical Pathology/Cytology and Colposcopy – two weeks in
October 1981. Worthington and Christie Hospitals Manchester, United
Kingdom under Dr. Robert Yule and Blanche Butler.
6. Visiting Professor to the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, University
Of Adelaide, Australia –17th – 23rd October 1983.
International and National Seminars and Congresses
1. British Congress of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, London, UK – 1975.
2. Asian Congress of Obstetrician & Gynaecology, Bangkok, Thailand – 1977.
3. Asian and Oceania Congress of Endocrinology – Singapore 1978.
4. Symposium on “The Mechanism of Endometrial Bleeding” organised by
WHO, Geneva – April 1979.
5. Fourth International Congress of Voluntary Sterilization – Seoul, Korea
- May 1979.
6. Ninth World Congress of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Tokyo, Japan – Oct. 1979.
7. Regional Seminar of Fertility Regulation – July 1980 – IGCC and IFRP.
Presented two papers.
8. Symposium on “Fertility Management” organised by WHO, NFPB and
Obstetrical & Gynaecological Society Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur –
February 1980 – served as the Organizing Chairman.
9. Oceania and Asian Congress of Perinatology – Singapore. As Chairman
of a scientific session.
10. Seminar on “Human Sexuality” in Kuala Lumpur – April 1080 organised
by Obstetrician & Gynaecological Society, NFPB and Malaysian Psychiatric
Association – as a member of organising committee.
11. Expert group meeting on “Maternity Services in Developing Countries”
Organised by the Royal College of Obstetrician & Gynaecologists,
United Kingdom – April 1980 – as an observer.
12. National seminar on “Reproductive Medicine” jointly organised by WHO,
NFPB and Obstetrician & Gynaecological Society in Kuala Lumpur 1981
- as Chairman of the organising committee. Presented a paper on Filshie
Clip Sterilization. Sponsored by Simon Population Trust, Great Britain.
13. Seminar “Gynaecological Cancer” – jointly organised by NFPB, Obstetrical
& Gynaecological Society and Malaysian Cancer Society – April 1982 – as
a member of the organising committee and presented a scientific paper.
14. Congress of Medicine – organised by the Academy of Medicine – Malaysia
and Singapore – 1980. Presented a paper on Outpatient Sterilization.
15. First national seminar on “Perspectives of Perinatal Medicine” jointly
Organised by UKM, NPFB and Ministry of Health – November 1981 as the
Chairman of the organising committee.
16. World Congress of Cervical Pathology and Colposcopy – London, United
Kingdom – October 1981.
17. First International Congress of Maternal and Neonatal Health, November
1981 – Manila, Philippines.
18. Seminar on “Update in Obstetrics & Gynaecology” – jointly organised by
The Obstetrical & Gynaecological Society of Malaysia and NFPB – as a
Member of organising committee.
19. Workshop on “Recent Advances in Oral Contraception” May 1983 in
Singapore organised by the International Health Foundation – as a participant.
20. Fourth World Congress in Human Reproduction – Bombay, India – November
27th – December 2nd 1983 – as a participant.
21. Fifth International Conference on Voluntary Surgical Contraception -
December 5th – 8th 1983 at Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic – as a
22. Muslim Scholars Congress on “Development, Health and Population” in
Jakarta, Indonesia – December 16th 20th, 1983 – as a participant.
Expert and Advisory Services
1. Temporary advisor to World Health Organisation for the Workshop on
“Medical Education” held in Manila in December 1977.
2. Temporary advisor and member of the Task Force on Long Acting
Fertility Regulating Agents, WHO Geneva. Meetings attended:-
i) Steering Committee meeting in WHO Headquarters, Geneva,
Switzerland – April 1979.
ii) Steering Committee meeting and workshop on Recent Advances
in Fertility Regulation – Abadan, Nigeria in July 1979.
iii) Steering Committee meeting in Jena, East Germany – January 1980.
iv) Steering Committee meeting in Geneva – July 1980.
v) Steering Committee meeting in Kuala Lumpur, M’sia – January 1981.
vi) Steering Committee meeting in Geneva – July 1981.
vii) Steering Committee meeting in Bangkok – January 1982.
1, Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Gynaecology and
Obstetrics 9JHPIEGO), Baltimore Maryland, USA. Serving as the Director
of “Training Programme in Reproductive Health and Endoscopy” for Malaysia. A project fully funded by JHPIEGO. To date 45 Malaysian doctors and 45 nurses have been trained in Gynaecological Laparoscopy.
2. “Diploma Course in Family Planning for General Practitioners” – One year course jointly organised by the National Family Planning Board Malaysia, College of Practitioners Malaysia and JHPIEGO – as Course Director.
3. International Fertility Research Programme 9 (IFRP) North Carolina, USA. Served as Director of all research projects related to Contraception and Maternal and Child Health funded by IFRP.
4. Simon Population Trust, United Kingdom – served as Coordinator and Malaysian Project Director for clinical on new sterilization technology using “Filshie Clips”.
5. International project for Voluntary Sterilzation New York, USA. Served as Malaysian coordinator for the world wide project on the promotion of voluntary surgical contraception.
6. Special Programme of Research in Human Reproduction, World Health Organisation, Geneva – served as Malaysian Collaborator in Human Reproductive Researches.
National Projects Related to Human Reproduction and Development
1. Establishment of the National Institute of Human Reproductive Research on Human Development under the National Family Planning Board, with multi-dimentional approach and multiagency participation for the promotion of better quality and healthy human beings – served as the Director.
2. Perinatal Project Malaysia – multiagency jointly undertaken by The National University of Malaysia, National Family Planning Board Malaysia – served as the Project Administrator and member of Steering Committee.
3. Programme NADI “Keluarga Ku Sayang” – A multi-agency programme involving all the government departments in the Federal Territory for the promotion of socio-economic, health and educational status of urban squatters in Wilayah Persekutuan – served as Programme Coordinator.
4. Publication of “Malaysian Journal of Reproductive Health” - first issue in June 1982 – as Chief Editor.
5. Asean Population Project entitled “Health and Family Planning – served as country Project Director.
1. Evaluation of acceptability and risk benefits of sterilization technology, with special emphasis on outpatient laparoscopic sterilization.
2. Assessment and treatment of subfertile males with special emphasis on the role of Vitamin E in the male fertility enhancement. Undertaken as PhD thesis by NFPB Scientific Officer Encik Jaffar Ali, Bsc, Msc.
3. Bleeding and coagulation problems among users of hormonal contraceptives – Undertaken as Msc thesis by NFPB Scientific Officer – Encik Baharum Yusof, Bsc.
4. Biological Variation of Serum Prolactin in the Malay Females. The research was undertaken by En. Hamim Rajikin for his Msc thesis.
5. Other researches related to infertility management, endometriosis, cancer screening in family planning clients, sexual dysfunctions among family planning clients, traditional medicines and herbs etc.
1. Hamid Arshat (1976) comparison of OGIT and IVGTT in Third Trimester Pregnancy MMJ Vol. xxxI.p.133-139.
2. Hamid Arshat (1977) Extra amniotic PCE and intravenous oxytocin in termination of mid trimester pregnancy and in the management of missed abortion and hydatidiform mole – MMJ Vol. xxxII.
3. M.M. Singh and Hamid Arshat (1977) – Comparison of oral and intravenous glucose tolerance in the diagnosis of diabetes in pregnancy. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 85 (536-546).
4. I. Ahmad, H. Arshat (1978) – Symptomology and diagnosis of Endometriosis – Majalah Obstetriks and Ginekologi, Indonesia 4.3.
5. H. Arshat (1980). Towards better success in tubal plastic surgery. Journal Perubatan. Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
6. H. Arshat, E. Kuek (1977). Clinical applicators of FSH estimation – Proceedings of Asian Congress of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
7. H. Arshat, Yuliawiratnam (1981). Outpatient Laparoscopic Sterilzation, Malaysian Medical Journal Vol. 36, No. I. P. 20.
8. H. Arshat, J. Thambu, Puraviappan (1981). Female Sterilization with Filshie Clips. Proceedings of Asian Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
9. J. Ali, K. Hassan, H. Arshat (1981). Suggestion of an active transport of iron to the fetus in human pregnancy and its dependence on maternal serum iron levels. Med. J. Malaysia, 36(4): 215-219, 1981.
10. J. Ali, K. Hassan, H. Arshat (1981). Vit. E Status in Mothers and Newborns in Malaysia: A preliminary report. Presented at the “International Workshop on Nutrition and the Development of the Child”. Proceedings published in the British Journal of Nutrition (1982).
11. J. Ali, K. Hassan, H. Arshat (1981). Effect of Oral Contraceptives in Malaysian users.
(i) Iron metabolism, with special reference to serum ferritin levels and erythropoicois.
Accepted for publication, Malaysian Journal Reproductive Health 1982.
12. J. Ali, K. Hassan, H. Arshat (1981). Effect of oral contraceptives in Malaysian users.
ii) Folate and Vit. B12 Status.
Accepted for publication, Malaysian Journal of Reproductive Health, 1982.
13. J. Ali, K. Hassan, H. Arshat (1981). Maternal and cord folate and Vit. B12 levels in Malaysians at parturition. Submitted for publication, and accepted.
14. H. Rajikin, R. Abdullah, H. Arshat, Satgunasingam (1981). Serum prolactin level at different stages of menstrual cycle and during a 24 hour period in Malay women. Malaysian Medical Journal page 155-158 – September 1981. Vol. 26.
15. H. Rajikin, R. Abdullah, H. Arshat, Satgunasingam (1981). Serum prolactin level during pregnancy intrapartum and postpartum period in Malay women.
Malaysian Medical Journal – will be published in March 1982 Vol. 37.
16. Puraviappan, H. Arshat (1981). Long term complications of female sterilization. Proceeding to the Asian Congress of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
17. J. Thambu, H. Arshat, Norlaily Aziz (1980). Organisation of family planning clinics. Proceeding of the Regional Seminar on Fertility Regulation IGCC – IFRP.
18. H. Arshat, Norlaily Aziz (1980). Biomedical Research in Family Planning. Proceeding of the Regional Seminar on Fertility Regulation IGCC – IRFP.
19. H. Arshat, Boh S.K., Norlaily Aziz (1981). Pap smear services in family planning clinics. Proceedings of the Seminar in Gynaecological Cancer.
20. F. Jammal, H. Arshat (1980). Beta Strepto Cocci in Maternity Hospital. Malayan Medical Journal.
21. J. Ali, K. Hassan, H. Arshat (1982). Maternal and cord folate and vit. B12 levels in Malaysian at parturition. Med. J. Malaysia, 37(2): 160-164.
22. K. Hassan, J. Ali and H. Arshat (1982). Vitamin E status in mothers and newborns in Malaysia: A preliminary report. Presented at the International Workshop on Nutrition and the Development of the Child. Baroda J. Nutri. 9 10-15.
23. J. Ali, H.Arshat, K.Hassan and Noor Laily A.B. (1983). The effect of oral contraceptives in Malaysian. I. Iron Metabolism and erythropoiesis. Malaysian J. Reprod. Health 1(1): 60 – 68.
24. J. Ali, K. Hassan, H. Arshat and Noor Laily A.B. (1983). The effect of oral contraceptives in Malaysians.II. Folate and vitamin B12 metabolism. Malaysian J.Reproductive Health. 1 (1) 69-74.
25. H.Arshat and J. Ali (1983). Efficacy of contra sperm as a male contraceptives: Clinical trials in Malaysian men. Malaysian J. Reprod. Health (1): 75-82.
26. Puraviappan, A. Arshat and Ali J. (1983). Female sterilization using Filshie Clip in private practice. Malaysian J.Reprod. Health. 1(1): 40-45.
27. H.Arshat, J. Ali and Noor Laily A.B. (1983). National Family Planning Program, Malaysia. Presented at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and the University of Adelaide (O & G Dept), Adelaide, Australia. October 10-15, 1983.
28. H.Arshat, J.Ali and Noor Laily A.B. (1983). Falope ring sterilization in Malaysia. Proceedings of the 4th World Congress on Human Reproduction, Bombay, India – 27 Nov – 2 Dec 1983.
29. H.Arshat, J.Ali, Rosliah Harun, A.P. Puraviappan and J. Thambu (1983). Filshie Clip sterilization trial in Malaysia. Proceedings of the 4th World Congress on Human Reproduction, Bombay, India – 27 Nov – 2 Dec 1983.
30. H.Arshat, J. Ali, Noor Laily A.B. (1983). Establishment of outpatient laparoscopic sterilization in Malaysia. Proceedings of the Fifth International Concerence on Voluntary Sterilization, Dec. 4-8 1983. Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
31. H.Arshat, H.Abdul Kader, J. Ali and Noor Laily A.B. (1983). Impact of family planning on perinatal mortality in Malaysia. Proceedings of the Third Asia – Oceania Congress of Perinatology, 16-18 Dec. 1983, Calcutta, Inda.
32. J. Ali, Kader A.H., K.Hassan and H.Arshat (1983). Expressed breast milk Vitamin E status in 1000 Malaysian mothers – submitted for presentation at the 4th Asian Congress of Nutrition, Nov. 1-4, Bangkok, Thailand.
33. H.Arshat, A.Yuliawiratman, J.Ali (1983). A retrospective study of IUCD usage in Malaysian Family Planning Clinic. (In press).
34. H.Arshat and Abdul Kader H. Islamic Hospital for Mother and Child.
1. “Mandul” (Infertility) by Hamid Arshat published by Utusan Melayu.
2. “Mengetahui Tentang Haid” (Know about menses).
Monographs and Working Papers
1. J. Ali and Hairunnishah A. Wadood (1982) Reproductive Research Centre Laboratories, National Family Planning Board.
2. H. Arshat, J.Ali, Baharum Yusof et.al (1982) Malaysian Reproductive Research Programme as an Institutional Centre. Theme: Better future generations of Malaysians.
3. J. Ali (1983) A concise report on the Specialist and Reproductive Research Centre, National Family Planning Board, KL Malaysia. Past, present and future.
4. J. Ali (1982) Bibliography of Publications of the Reproductive Research Centre, National Family Planning Board, Malaysia (1976-1982).
5. H. Arshat, J. Ali and Noor Laily A.B. (1983) How to bring the pill to the people: The Malaysian experience.
6. H. Arshat, J.Ali and Kamarul Faridah K.Z. (1983). Proposal for the establishment of maternal and child nutrition clinic, advisory centre and applied research unit in human nutrition at the Reproductive Research Centre, the National Family Planning Board. Theme: Towards better future generations of Malaysians.
7. H. Arshat, J. Ali and Hairunnishah.A.W. (1983). A fund raising proposal for patients in need of in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer for the alleviation of infertility.
8. J. Ali and H. Arshat (1983). UNFPA Project Proposal: Proposal to strengthen and infrastructure facilities and resources of the Specialist and Reproductive Research Centre, National Family Planning Board (Mal/79/P08-Biomedical Component).
9. J. Ali and H.Arshat (1983) UNFPA Project Proposal: Career development and training programme for National Family Planning Programme – Mal/79/P09). Fellowship/study awards for the Specialist & Reproductive Research Centre.
10. J. Ali and H. Arshat (1983) Project Proposal: Second Population and Family Health Project under the World Bank Loan Scheme II. Fellowship/Study awards for the Specialist and Reproductive Research Centre.
11. H. Arshat, J. Ali and rosnah Ismail (1983). Sex Pre-selection Prior to Conception. Reproductive Health Guide Series (Family Planning subjects information brochure).
12. Ng K.C., Soo K.B., J.Ali and H.Arshat (1983). Mass cervical pap smear screening: Our experience.
Participation/presentations at Workshops/Seminars and Conferences
5/01/81 Attended WHO Steering Committee Meeting on Long Acting Fertility Regulating Agent.
9/01/81 Participated in Symposium on Reproductive Medicine.
21.02/81 Participated in Workshop on Epidemiology of Reproductive Health.
1/04/81 Chaired the session on Child & Family Welfare Programmes in Singapore at Better Communication in Family Health Seminar..
16/05/81 Presented paper on Pap Smear at the Gynaecological Cancer Seminar.
6/06/81 Presented paper on “Current Family Planning Practise in Malaysia” at the UPAM Seminar.
13/07/81 Attended WHO Steering Committee Meeting in Geneva, Switzerland.
17/08/81 Participated in Sex Counselling Workshop at Rasa Sayang Hotel, Penang.
12/09/81 Participated in Research Utilization Seminar at Port Dickson.
11/10/81 Attended Fourth World Congress for Cervical Pathology and Colposcopy in London.
9/11/81 Attended Postgraduate Workshop on Human and Sexual Function and Dysfunction at St. Louis, Missouri, USA.
Attend “First International Congress of Maternal and Neonatal Health, in Manila, Philippines.
13/08/81 Chairman of Organising Committee for Perinatal Seminar.
11 – 15
Jan 1981 Attended Steering Committee for Task Force on Long Acting Fertility Regulating Agents, WHO in Bangkok, Thailand.
8/05/82 Presented paper “Outpatient Laparoscopic Assessment” of Female Infertility at the Seminar on Maternal health organised by the O & G Society of Malaysia.
14/05/82 Presented a paper “Gynaecological Laparoscopy” at Doctors Meeting in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
7-11/06/82 Attended the Congress of O & G in Bandung, Indonesia.
27/06/82 Presented a paper “Gynaecological Microsurgery” at the Annual Scientific Meeting of College of Surgeons of Malaysia – Kuala Lumpur.
10/09/82 Chairman, Scientific Session of “Antenatal Diagnosis of Thalassemia” at the Seminar/Workshop on Thalassemia and Haemoglobinapathies organised by The Malaysian Society of Pathologist.
12/09/82 Presented a paper and video production entitled “Reversal of Sterilization by Microsurgical Technique” at the Seminar on Update in Infertility organised by O & G Society of Malaysia.
13/09/82 Course Director and organising Chairman of “Advanced Course on Infertility Management” jointly organised by National Family Planning Board, National University of Malaysia and Malaysian Fertility Society.
20/10/82 Participated as a member of the panel board at the “Human Resources and Economic Development, Policy and Programme Implications from Household Data Workshop. This Workshop was organised by The Rand Corporation USA and it was held in Penang.
8/09/82 Participated as Chairman in Plenary II during the Maternal Mortality Seminar organised by the Ministry of Health Malaysia.
16/11/82 Attended meeting on ASEAN Population Programme on Health and Family Planning in Jakarta, Indonesia.
29/11/82 Attended “Twelfth Meeting of Agencies Interested in the Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction” in Geneva, Switzerland.
17/10/83 Presented two papers in the University of Adelaide Australia:
i) Malaysian Family Planning Programme.
ii) Outpatient Sterilization in Malaysia.
27/11/83 Fourth World Congress of Human Reproduction – Bombay, India
Presented three papers:
i) Filshie Clip Sterilization – Trial in Malaysia.
ii) Immediate Postpartum Laparoscopic Sterilization using
iii) Fallope ring sterilization.
5/12/83 Fifth International Conference on Voluntary Surgical Contraception at Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic – presented a paper “Establishment of Outpatient Laparoscopic Sterilization in the Malaysian Family Planning Programme.
Other Academic Activities
1) Supervised one Phd student at Tulane University, USA in the area of Family Planning. (Thesis entitled “Family Planning Behaviour and Attitudes in Urban Malaysia: some socioeconomic considerations”).
2) Supervised Msc thesis by Hamim Rajikin entitled “Physiological Variations in the Serum Prolactin Levels in Malay Women”.
Articles published in Women’s monthly magazine.
Topic Month Year
1. Natural Method of Family Planning March 1979
2. Role of Women in Reproduction April 1979
3. Intra Uterine Device May 1979
4. Deformed Babies May 1979
5. What is Prolapse of the Uterus? September 1979
6. How the Oral Contraceptive works? October 1979
7. Stillbirths November 1979
8. Vaginal Discharge December 1979
9. What is D & C? March 1980
10. Surrogate Motherhood June 1980
11. Modern Women’s Problems November 1980
12. Causes of Dysmenorrhea May 1981
13. Preventing Birth Defects May 1981
14. Twin Delivery June 1981
15. Infertility Psychological Aspects October 1981
16. Problems in Pregnancy October 1981
17. Pap Smear: Cancer Detection July 1981
18. Menopause September 1981
19. Modern Women’s Problem January 1982
Lectures Delivered to Doctors
Date Participants Topic
6/08/80 Doctors from Ministry of Health Hormonal contraceptives and
guidelines on the use of steroidal
22/09/79 Doctors from Ministry of Health Female Sterilization
& General Practitioners – Klang
23/02/80 Doctors from Ministry of Health Hormonal Replacement Therapy
& General Practitioners – Kota Baru
29/03/80 Doctors from Ministry of Health Hormonal contraceptives and
& General Practitioners – Penang guidelines on the use of Steroidal
28/02/81 Doctors from Ministry of Health Gynaecological Laparoscopy
& General Practitioners – Kuching
6/03/81 Doctors from Ministry of Health Gynaecological Laparoscopy
& General Practitioners – Kota
14/04/81 Doctors from Ministry of Health Sterilization
& General Practitioners – Alor Star
23/08/81 Doctors from Ministry of Health Female Sterilization and
& General Practitioners – Ipoh Laparoscopy
19/12/81 Doctors from Ministry of Health Antenatal Diagnosis and
& General Practitioners – Kuching Genetic Counselling
29/01/82 Doctors from Ministry of Health Genetics, Fertility and
& General Practitioners Maternal Health
14/05/82 Doctors from Ministry of Health Laparoscopy – Indications and
& General Practitioners – Kota Techniques
18/06/82 Doctors from Ministry of Health Gynaecology Laparoscopy
& General Practitioners – Miri,
Lectures delivered to Sisters, Staff Nurses and Assistant Nurses
Date Participants Topic
4.09/80 Sister tutors from Ministry of Methods of Fertility Regulation
19/09/80 Sisters and staff nurses from Abortions – causes, effects and
Ministry of Health its relationship to family planning
and infertility problems.
9/12/80 Staff nurses from Ministry of Other hormonal method
23/01/80 Staff nurses from Institute of Abortions – causes, effects and
Public Health its relationship to family planning
13/02/81 Sisters and staff members from Abortions – causes, effects and
Ministry of Health its relationship to family planning
9/03/81 Staff nurses from Ministry of Abortions – causes, effects and
Ministry of Health its relationship to family planning
14/05/81 Staff nurses from Federation of Methods of fertility regulation
Planning Association and management of patients in
12/06/81 Staff nurses from Institute of Methods of Fertility Regulation
12/02/82 Assistant nurses from Ministry Infertility and Sterilization –
of Health male and female
26/06/82 Staff nurses from Institute of Infertility management and
Public Health family health
9/08/82 Sisters and staff nurses from Management of clinical
Ministry of Health programmes
Lectures delivered to Community
Date Participants Topic
29/01/81 UMNO – Kota Bahru, Kelantan Family Health & Development
2/02/81 UMNO – Kuala Lumpur Family Health & Development
21/02/81 UMNO – Div. of Damansara Population Concept and Family
4/03/81 Police Training Centre Family Health & Development
21/05/81 Army Officers Wives, TUDM Maternal Health
20/08/81 Estate Managers and Visiting Contraceptive Technology
20/08/81 Teacher Trainees at Technical Family Health & Development
4/09/81 Army Officers Wives, TUDM Family and Child Welfare
20/08/81 Estate Managers Recent Development in
25/08/81 Headmasters/Headmistress Family Health & Development
18/09/81 Army Officers Wives, TUDM Family and Child Welfare
19/09/81 Would be Brides & Bridegrooms Family Health & Development
20/09/81 Women’s Organization of Genetics & the future generations
17/10/81 Field Officers (NFPB) Essentials of Health in Family
19/11/81 Malaysian Airline System Staff Family Planning
24/11/81 Staff of “Syarikat Perumahan Family Planning
Pegawai Pegawai Kerajaan”
30/11/81 Staff of DBKL Family Planning
29/01/82 Women’s Leaders – K.Terengganu Family Health & Development
12/02/82 Traditional Midwives & Wanita Maternal and Neonatal Health
UMNO – Penang
24/02/82 Students of University Malaya Family Planning
27/03/82 Lady Officers of Ministry of Works Women’s Health
29/03/82 Urban Youths Family Planning
27/05/82 Members of PUSPITA Family Health & Development
21/06/82 Members of BAKAT Family Health & Development
13/08/82 Law Students - University Malaya Family Planning
08/09/82 Members of KESPA Club Family Health & Development
08/09/82 Members of Kesuma Ratu Women’s Beauty
20/09/82 Government Senior Officers’ Family Health & Development
22/09/82 National Family Planning Staff Family Health & Development
13/11/82 Women’s Institution – Johor Care of Baby & Mother in
12/03/83 Women Members of Taman Women’s Health
15/04/83 Army Officers’ Wives (BAKAT) Women’s Health
08/04/83 Workers Union (FELDA) Women’s Health in Employment
06/08/83 Women’s Movement UMNO Family Health & Development
05/11/83 Women’s Movement UMNO Family Health & Development
06/11/83 Women’s PERKIM Family Health & Development
21/11/83 Women’s Seminar – Johor Family Health & Development
14/12/83 Civics Course – organised by Family Health & Development
Information and PERKIM – Johor
Appeared on television programme of ‘KESUMA”
11/06/81 Abortion (Pengguguran)
23/07/81 Cancer of Cervix
29/09/82 1) Menopause (Putus Haid)
2) Menstrual Disorders (Gangguan Haid)
3) Guide to Women Performing Haj (Panduan Wanita
Untuk Haji dan Umrah)
12/01/83 1) Problems in Pregnancy (Masalah Ketika Hamil)
2) Traditional vs Modern Health Care in Pregnancy
(Jagaan secara tradisional dan moden)
22/11/83 Privitization of Health Services in Malaysia